Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell

On the Table Tools Design tab, in the Table Styles group, if you click the
arrow next to Borders you should see Diagonal Down and Diagonal Up borders.
If you use both of them, it will form an X in the cell. Is that what you are
looking for?

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Sue" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to insert diagonal lines inside a cell?
I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 and I created monthly calendars from
January-December. I would like to "X" out the respective days of the week
after they have passed, but I can't figure out how to do that in Word.

I've tried inserting the multiplication symbol and enlarging it, but it
doesn't work well. Any other ideas?

Thanks!