Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Totally Frustrated

Default turn of "requesting virus scan" in word

That's what the problem was. I have Endnote installed, with WLLL addin file.
I deleted it, and now I don't get the message. Thanks. I'm not sure Endnote
works properely yet, but thats another issue. Since I don't use it as often
as Word, I may just put up with that. Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Office MVP Beth Melton recently reported her discovery that "If there are
any WLL add-ins in the Startup folders they will trigger this message even
if the user doesn't have any type of virus scanner enabled. Apparently, MS
is using the virus scanning engine to check for macros in WLL files and as a
result it triggers the message. Note other than checking for macros it isn't
actually performing a virus scan....One add-in I know of that still uses a
WLL is EndNote." So you might check your Word and Office Startup folders for
..wll files.

"Totally Frustrated" Totally wrote in
message ...
I am using XP Home, Word 2002. On openeiong, Word it takes extended time
"requesting virus scan". I have followed all the links on advice boards

about
turning off office pugins in Nortons AV 2006. I have done this but it has

no
effect. I have just installed NAV 2006 and it still does it. It was doing

it
before with NAV 2004 version and continues to do it with the new 2006
version. By the way I have tried this many times but still with no luck
Please any help. - Totally frustrated