Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nymedic nymedic is offline

Default Scrolling in Word 2007

It happens all the time, regardless of the document used. I initially used a
document I created in Word 2003 and imported, but I also created one in 2007
and encounter the same problem. Interestingly, I cannot change the ribbon tab
with the mouse wheel. However, if I click the mouse wheel over the text and
drag the mouse, I do get the slow scroll effect, so the mouse wheel is
recognized, but not quite properly and in all situations. Wonder if it's a
hardware issue (I've never particularly liked IBM hardware).

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

Does this happen for a particular document or all the time?

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net

"nymedic" wrote in message
:

I hate to ask such a dopey question, but I can't seem to get through it
myself. I installed Office 2007 Beta and was walking through the new
features/layout when I discovered I couldn't use my mouse wheel to scroll
through the document, making navigation more than mildly annoying. Anyone
else have this problem/know how to fix it? The mouse is fine and works in
Word 2003 (still installed).