I'm not sure what MVP recommended using these switches, but I can't say I'm
surprised that the TOC is not honoring them. I would suggest that you remove
the switches and format the page numbering using the Page Number Format
dialog, selecting either i, ii, iii or 1, 2, 3, as appropriate. For more,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"no1impt" wrote in message
news
Hi,
I'm having trouble with my table of contents and page numbers. I have a
large-ish document in several sections. The first four of these have page
numbers inserted in a footer (using the MVP Word recommended method of
inserting the field myself) formatted \* roman. The remaining sections of

the
document have \* Arabic, starting from page 1. In the TOC, however, it
insists on numbering everything arabic (so the first few sections are
numbered as being on pages 2, 9, etc even though the number on the page
itself is ii, ix, etc.). Is there a way to force the TOC to use the format

of
the number on the page? I assume there's a switch, but looking through the
help, I couldn't access a list of switches for TOC. Thanks for any help
anyone can suggest.