Jay Freedman

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:19:06 -0700, "BrandNewOffice2003User"
m wrote:

The Page Number DOES NOT show on the Status Bar even though there are
multiple pages in my document. If the Status Bar is displayed then the Page
Number should be displayed. Unfortunately this is not the case. Not only
is the Page Number not dispayed, but the Line Number is not displayed.
What is wrong?

I can't quite duplicate that behavior. That is, I can't completely get
rid of the page number.

If I start with a blank document in Normal view, and go to Tools
Options General and uncheck "Background repagination", then the
status bar always says "Page 1" and there are no Line number or Col
number. When the background repagination is turned on or the view is
switched to Print Layout (which automatically turns on repagination),
then the status bar starts showing correct numbers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman