Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Inline Comments - Word 2007

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:33:15 -0500, "John Fenton" wrote:

I need to be able to create comments that will print inline completely and
not just my initials. I cannot find anything in the options or the help
files that tell me how to do this. Currently, the only way to actually
print the comments is as balloons off to the side and I need them inline.

Thanks for your help and time!

John

For this requirement, you can't use Words built-in Comments feature -- it just
doesn't work that way.

Define a character style, including some formatting (color, background, etc.)
that will distinguish it from regular text. To make an "inline comment", just
type the comment in place and then apply the character style to it (you can
define a keyboard shortcut or toolbar button to apply the style). If you want to
include your initials, a time stamp, or anything else, you'll have to type that
as well.

If this is something you expect to do a lot, a macro could make it a one-click
operation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman