Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laverne Laverne is offline

Default Why can't I get Multiple instances of word?

I agree with what you are saying, but:
When using Outlook and I am editing an email message and go
to the "File" and click on it. I do not see anything that would allow me to
access a Word
document as I am trying to do.

Wouldnt it be nice to have two Microsoft applications work seamlessly?
However, the apps, do not, they are Microsoft apps.

You said (it doesn't have to be), I tried to change to HTML but I could
not get it to work.
What do I have to do to invoke the different editor?

Since Outlook does not allow a Word document to be evoked.
I will use my work around, compose in Word and when finished calling up other
Word documents for references,
copy my composed document, exit word, and invoke Outlook and past
my document into Outlooks email.

Wouldnt it be nice to have two Microsoft applications work seamlessly?
However, the apps, do not, they are Microsoft apps.

Since Outlook does not allow a Word document to be evoked.
I will use my work around, compose in Word and when finished calling up other
Word documents for references,
copy my composed document, exit word, and invoke Outlook and past
my document into Outlooks email.

You said (it doesn't have to be), I tried to change to HTML but I could
not get it to work.
What do I have to do to invoke the different editor?

Since Outlook does not allow a Word document to be evoked.
I will use my work around, compose in Word and when finished calling up other
Word documents for references,
copy my composed document, exit word, and invoke Outlook and past
my document into Outlooks email.

"Laverne" wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If Word is the editor for Outlook (it doesn't have to be) then it is still
Word and all Word's functions remain available including the ability to open
another document or documents from the file menu. If it isn't the editor,
then Outlook and Word are completely separate applications.

Laverne wrote:
I understand that Outlook uses Word as it's editor and I don't have a
problem with it.
My problem is While composing using Outlook why can't I open and
refference written material in a word document. Can a word document
be opened with outlook? I have not seen this within outlook.

Do you understand what I am trying to do???

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you have Word as your e-mail editor, then you already have Word
open and can open documents from its file menu. If not the editor it
is a completely independent application and unaffected by Outlook.

Laverne wrote:
While I have Outlook open and composing a email, Why can't I call Up
word.

I have word files that I would like to view sometimes while
composing a letter with Outlook.

Word will not let me do it, Why.

Laverne R. George Sr.