Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Show insertions as well as deletions

This is true in Word 2002, 2003, and 2007. If you have balloons enabled, you
will see either insertions or deletions, not both. If you have balloons
disabled (or if you're in Normal/Draft view), you'll see both insertions and
deletions inline.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Which version? You must have changed something somewhere, which I
can't find -- I always get both insertions and deletions inline
(underlined and struckthrough, respectively). The Balloons command
refers to "Insertions/Deletions," not one or the other. Maybe choosing
that causes the one or the other to appear in balloons in
(respectively) Original Sh. M. and Final Sh. M.?

On Oct 9, 4:45 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
In Final Showing Markup view, insertions are shown inline (underlined by
default) and deletions in balloons. In Original Showing Markup view,
deletions are shown inline (struck through by default) and insertions in
balloons.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Sue" wrote in message

When I have track changes on in word 2007 it shows my deletions to the
right
of the paragraph, but not my insertions. I looked at change tracking
options, looks fine, so what is the problem? Also, how do I reset track
changes to default?
Thanks,
Sue-