Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronald Nissley Ronald Nissley is offline

Default Turn off Automatic numbering

After having gotten document where I wanted it last night, I turned on the
machine today and all my article numbering is gone as well as the heading
under that. How do I tell word to convert all my heading from automatic to
text? I don't use more than 2 headings because word is insufficient and can't
handle that complexity.

When requesting help, please include the version of product you are working
with (e.g. 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007).

When you say heading, are you talking about a header? Word 2003, for
example, inserts page numbers in either the header or footer when you use
Insert Page Numbers. In Word 2003, header/footer information only appears
when using the Print layout view (View Print Layout)!

Hope that's helpful,

Ron