Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Every time I start a new line, it begins with a capital. Why?

What version of Word is this? If Word 2007, click the Office button, Word
Options, Proofing tab, AutoCorrect Options, AutoCorrect tab, and remove the
check next to Capitalize first letter of sentences.

As you've seen... Word isn't brilliant at knowing what a sentence is. When
you type something following a paragraph break, Word infers that you're
typing a new sentence.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jim Weidner" Jim wrote in message
Whenever I hit "enter" for a new line, it begins with a capital, even if
it
is not a new sentence. This happens in Word and Outlook (and probably
other
programs). How do I prevent them from doing so and get it to make a cap
only
when I use "shift"?