Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default Every time I start a new line, it begins with a capital. Why?

Word assumes that you would want a capital letter at the beginning of a new
paragraph - which is what you get when you hit Enter. You can switch this off
in Tools | Autocorrect options and unchecking the option to capitalize first
letter of sentences.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Jim Weidner" wrote:

Whenever I hit "enter" for a new line, it begins with a capital, even if it
is not a new sentence. This happens in Word and Outlook (and probably other
programs). How do I prevent them from doing so and get it to make a cap only
when I use "shift"?