Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Francis Hookham Francis Hookham is offline

Default Moving Word images

Many thanks Susan - I should have looked more carefully.

Francis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Word 2002 and above, you can select the default wrapping style for
inserted/pasted pictures on the Edit tab of Tools | Options (or equivalent
in Word 2007). There is no such option in Word 2000, in which all pictures
are inserted/pasted In Line With Text.

"Francis Hookham" wrote in message
No one picked this up last week - will anyone now?

In orde to freely move images in a Word page I have to:
'Format Object.'
select a 'Wrapping style'
go to 'Advanced.'
and un-tick the 'Move object with text' option

Apart from writing a macro (now not possible with 2008!) is there a way
of
defaulting Word so that a pasted/dragged in image is not tied to the
text?

(I am talking about something which will work for all versions of Word
from
2000, Windows and Mac.)

Francis Hookham