Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Is AutoComplete feature for AutoText Entry available in Word20

Someone else already spilled the beans in the last few days ... is
there a release date for W2010 yet?

On Oct 3, 11:02*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Or hold your breath. I believe I am allowed to say that AutoComplete for
AutoText will be restored in Word 2010.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Barbara" wrote in message

I did think of that. *The problem is that I have literally thousands of
entries. *I have the old normal.dot saved on a flash drive and was hoping
that I could convert it from Word 2003 to Word 2007. *When I got my
laptop,
it was very easy to move it from my PC to my laptop - both running Word
2003.

Who knew Microsoft would trash functionability in a new version of Word?
That is just crazy.

But thank you for your reply. *If I do that it will take me weeks. *What I
will probably end up doing is finding 3rd party software compatible with
the
old normal.dot and Word 2007. It must exist.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use instead autocorrect with abbreviated versions of the words or phrases
as
trigger sequences.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Barbara wrote:
Tell me what good that does when you are typing fast - you are being
paid for how fast you type, and you COUNT on the program - ie Word -
to auto complete 25 and 27 letter words for you (medical words) as it
did in Word 2003. This has created a HUGE problem for me.

sure, start typing
phacoemulsification or otorhinolaryngology or some that are even
worse.

This was a big oversight and I'm sorry I ever bought Word 2007.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

You can go back to the way Word used to work, before AutoComplete
was introduced. Type the *name* of the AutoText entry, then press
F3.

You don't actually need to type the whole name - just enough of it to
uniquely identify it.

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans