This evidently occurs only when you have Right-to-Left support enabled.

"JoffreyK" wrote in message
Word 2003. When I click to the right of the text the arrow highlights the
whole sentence. I want to turn that off because I just want the cursor to

go
to the end of the sentence and wait. It's driving me crazy because it

takes
so much extra time to move the cursor to exactly the end of the line so

that
it stops being an arrow and starts being a cursor. I want to rip my hair

out
and cannot find how to turn the damn thing off. Can anybody help?