Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Can only write on the left half of column split doc????

Although the version of Word & exactly what you are trying to do would be
helpful to know, the short answer is that *Columns* in Word refers to
newspaper-type columns that flow top-bottom, right-left. If what follows
doesn't help, post back with more detail about your requirements.

It sounds like what you are trying to do would be better served by a Table,
2 columns wide by 'X' rows tall. You can remove the Borders if you wish.

If you actually do want newspaper columns but need to move on to the second
column without completely filling the first, use a Column Break
(InsertBreak - Column Break).
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Todd L." wrote in message
I added columns (2) to a doc and can't get the curser into the right half
of
doc. How do I do this so I can use both columns?

Thanks