Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie

Default Setting Word 2003 to default to Print layout

In Word, click on Tools | Options | General | uncheck the "Allow
starting in Reading Layout" box | OK. Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm .

Steve Silverwood wrote:

One of the people in my office has reported that every time she opens a
Word file that's sent to her by someone else, it seems to always show up
in the Reading View. She would like to have it default to the Print
layout instead. I haven't found any provision for this. Is there one,
or must she stick with manually changing the layout when she opens the
file?