Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melanie Wagner Melanie Wagner is offline

Default Using Same Combo Box Multiple Times

I thank you for the link. I am still a little fuzzy on some things though. I
don't have a lot of macro experience as I am sure you have noticed. I can get
the drop-down form field into my document, but not sure how to link the
macro. Do I create it the same as I was doing with a combo box on the VBS
side of things? Also, are the conditional fields inserted where the are in
the 5th line of the macro? Not sure where to insert those. I know you
mentioned that you could do this with insert autotext entries, which may be
better for what I am doing, but are those limited to a certain number of
characters? If not I think this would be best for me. Would I just follow
the same instructions but instead of the document links enter the auto text I
would like in the boxes?

Thank you so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm

Melanie Wagner wrote:
If I remember correctly the dropdown form fields do not work as there
is a limit to the amount of letters you can put in each dropdown box
and I need to put an entire sentence in each one. Any other options
for completing this?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Tools from the control toolbox are not really compatible with Word
forms. Use dropdown form fields from the forms toolbar. I take it
that you want to grab a different selection from the dropdown on
each of the twelve occasions it is used? If you want the same
selection use REF fields.

Melanie Wagner wrote:
I have created a combo box to put in a form, but I need to use it
multiple times in the same form. When I put it in the first time it
works great, but then I hit enter and try to put the same combo box
on the second line it changes the first line information when I
choose an item from the combo box. I have 12 items in the combo box
and it is possible to need 1 or 2 of them or all twelve, so I set up
bulleted numbers 1-12 in the Word doc and would like to use the same
combo box choices for each line, but it is changing the first line
no matter which bullet 1-12 that I am on. Can someone please
help????!!!

Thank you!