Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Angelaf Angelaf is offline

Default mailmerge field conditionally suppressed

Thanks Peter - doesn't work though, I just get nothing at all printed with
either condition. It may be because the merge is using Access fields and
running from within an Access application. Whne inserting single Mailmerge
fields they are enclosed in angle brackets

Maybe it can't be done ........

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Try the following nested fields:

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD organisation_name }" = "" "{ MERGEFIELD contact_name }"
"{ MERGEFIELD organisation_name }" }

You can insert each pair of the special field braces "{}" using ctrl-F9 and
type all the remaining text in the usual way.

Peter Jamieson

"Angelaf" wrote in message
I want one mailmerge field to be conditionally suppressed if another is not
null

ie: if isnull organisation_name then contact_name

One name only to appear - that is Contact name to appear instead of
Organisation name only if there is no Organisation name .

I can't get this to work. Any ideas please ?