Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Best way to combine Excel Data to Word Tables?

Fellow Forum Members,
I am using Word 2003 for a technical manual that has close to 300 pages of
tables containing parts data. This parts data is changing all of the time
due to engineering making changes all of the time. Updating these 300 pages
of data is a major pain. My thinking is I should manage all of this data in
Excel and then perform a mail merge of some kind to update 300 pages
automatically. What is the best way to go about combining external data into
Word? I would like each cell in my Word table to match every cell in the my
Excel file one for one. What is the best function to use? Is there an
automated way to setup the cells in my Word tables so that each cell matches
a cell in my Excel table? I would like to do this right, any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.