Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Bubbles - control changes

You have turned on "Track Changes" (Ctrl-Shift-E).

Your "bubbles" may be Comments.

Go to Review tab Track Changes Change Tracking Options. You may
find something to change there.

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 9:31:08 PM UTC-4, mark2019 wrote:
instead of the usual bubbles for control changes, I get the letters
deleted are crossed, and the new text is typed before or after the
deleted text.
I prefer the bubbles, but have no idea how to change back to this. This
only happens in files that people send me to correct the language, and
how do i "re-introduce" the bubbles???