Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rathish Rathish is offline

Default Protecting the form field from deletion

Hi,
Please help me out.
I have a document with lots of form field and an area to write the text. If
i protect the document it protects my form fields from editing but allows the
user to delete. Is there any way to protect the document from deleting the
fields.
--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

"Rathish" wrote:

Hi Sir,
Thanks For the reply. Let me give you more details regarding my problem.

The protected column have 2 different sections one for writing which is
allowable and second section which needs to be protected.
now let me brief you what i do so that if i am doing something wrong you can
point out, i go to Tools Protect documentEditing restrictions check
allow only this type of editing Filling of forms uncheck the sections
Yes Start enforcing protection.

I cannot edit the field but i can delete the field.

--
Thanks & Regards
Rathish

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you have applied forms protection, users shouldn't be able to delete any
form fields.

Note that if you added an unprotected section, you cannot have any fields in
that section, since the user would be able to delete them (and they wouldn't
work the way you would expect form fields to work either).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hi,