Graham Mayor

See the Excel data section of
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm in relation to the
alternative connection method from Word to your data.

Meggan wrote:
In the previous version of Word, there was an option for merge fields
that would just eliminate the field if it was blank in the source
data. I am doing a mail merge with the most recent version and
cannot find that option. I am merging data from Excel and most of the
address have 3 lines, but a couple have 4 lines. Before I would just
enter merge fields for all 4 lines and the addresses that had four
lines would fill up all four lines and the addresses with 3 lines
would just be three lines. Now, if there is a line without data, it
shows up as a zero. How can I that line to disappear if there is no
data to fill it?