Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default how to stop a tab keystroke from jumping to next cell in a table?

"mas5067" wrote:
I am using a table to align text in my resume', and I have been able set
tabs
to change text orientations within the cells in the past. For some reason
now, everytime I hit the "tab" key, it simply jumps to the next cell
within
the table, instead of allowing the "tab" that I want. Any help is
appreciated.

Hi Mike,

Ctrl+Tab inserts a tab in a table.

Not sure why you'd want tabs in a table, though...
"Change text orientations" -- do you mean left/center/right aligned? You can
use the paragraph alignment for that.
If the tabs are for something else, maybe you might change the number of
columns, or use indents.

Regards,
Klaus