SF

Thanks garfield
I also got the macro from Greg's site.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
One way is to click on Tools | Macro | Macros, add the following line to
your AutoOpen() macro:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you don't know how to
install a macro.

Another way is to click on Tools | Customize | Commands | Categories: Web
| Commands: Address. Drag the Address command to your toolbar area.
Click on Close. If you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot
global template when you exit Word, say yes. Obviously, this method puts
the path in the toolbar area, not in the title bar at the top of the
screen.

SF wrote:
How can I get the full pathname in the document title bar?

I searched the MVP site with "Title Bar" and "Pathname" but did not get a
hit.