garfield-n-odie

A non-breaking space is entered by pressing Ctrl+Shift+space. Word treats a
non-breaking space as letter instead of a space, and when one is placed at
the end of a line, it creates a bit of extra space between the last real
letter and the right margin (or in this case, the right side of the text
box).

"Beagle1245" wrote:

Thanks for your response, Suzanne, it's good to know it's not something
obvious, at least. Could you tell me what a nonbreaking space is, and how I
can add them?

Cheers,

Chris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known problem. I don't know whether it occurs in all versions on
all platforms or only with certain printer drivers or what, but I haven't
seen any good workarounds. If you're willing to settle for a bad workaround,
add a nonbreaking space to the end of each line (before the ordinary space).

"Beagle1245" wrote in message
Hi. When I justify italic text in text boxes (I'm writing captions for
photos), some letters on the right hand side of the box are partly cut off
(for example the top of the letter 'f', as it sticks out slightly).

Resizing
the text box doesn't make any difference, the problem still occurs. Does
anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks for you time,

Chris