Margaret Aldis

Set up two paragraph styles, one for the Noted numbering and one for the
Agreed numbering. Make sure when you format the numbering for each style
that you are using different numbering schemes (panes in the Bullets and
Numbering window) - don't use two levels of the same numbering scheme as you
would for headings or hierarchical lists.

Then apply the style to apply the numbering. You should find the numbering
remains continuous (within each type) throughout the document.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"23of3" wrote in message
I am writing minutes with noted points and agreed points. Sometimes I want

have Noted 1, Noted 2, Agreed 1, Noted 3, but when I used noted after

agreed
it restarts the numbering at 1. When I try to change this, the option to
continue numbering is greyed out. If I change the number I wish to start
from, it will do this, but it then adds tabs to that line which I don't

want.
How can I set it up so that if I used the noted bullet, then agreed, then
noted, that the noteds stay in sequential numbering?!? Bit of a boring one

know, but it gets very frustrating!