Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

Default Word 2007 Learning Curve

You may have opened the Word file directly from your browser without
saving it first to a folder. The browser will download the file to a
temporary internet directly to open it and that is where it gets saved
when you don't use "save as". You need to either right click the link
and save it to a specific folder or once in the word document do a "save
as" to specify to save it somewhere other than the temporary internet
folder that your browser has placed it. If you do a save as from MS Word
from within the document, you can also usually determine where the
temporary folder is located.

Regards,
Ben

DDE wrote:
I have a problem when I save a word file that I have downloaded off of the
internet site where I do online teaching. If I click save as, I then choose
the location in my computer. And it works fine. If I download the file, and
then click save, and then edit the file, and then click save, and then close
the file, it disappears. I can not find it anywhere in my computer. The
search option in my startup menu will not find it.

Where is it? How do I get to it?

Help, please.