StainlessSteelRat

Clearly as it's the split command I want to perform this function on
the *same* document, not to compare two different documents (using
the compare side-by-side routine) or to open two documents in Word
and tile the document windows.

Did MS include this option to use the split vertically?

Thanks

No, not quite like the horizontal split. But if you use the Window New
Window command and then Compare Side-by-Side, you get nearly the same
effect.

Thanks for the reply

As mentioned though, I want to use this on the *same* document, not compare
with a different document. This doesn't seem to be possible, I can only
compare with different documents.