Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Joseph,

I've read the Help file, though not tried the various
possibilities. Do you know, off the top of your head, what the
comparitive merits in this situation would be of using MERGESEQ,
MERGEREC, and LISTNUM? LISTNUM works, but the Help file suggests
that the other two would work, also. Any differences I should care
about?

"Off the top of my head" is a bit vague, but MergeSEQ would be more
what you want than MergeRec, as I recall (and understand your
question). MergeRec counts the position of the actual record, while
MergeSeq counts only the records that are merged, as they merge. If
ListNum works correctly for you, then either that or MergeSeq would be
fine. I think you have more options to format and calculate using
MergeSeq, but that's not an issue, here.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org