Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGhlIEpvc2g=?=,

I created a SEQ field: { SEQ Reference \* ALPHABETIC \* MERGEFORMAT }. As
you can see it is called "Reference". I created this field in a document and
it appears in the cross-reference reference type pull-down menu. No problems
here. However I made a copy of the document and "Reference" no longer
appears in the cross-reference reference type pull-down menu. I have seen
this a few times. I have even seen one user open a document and can see the
"Reference" field, and another user opens the same document and cannot see
the field.

What you see in this list is user- or machine-specific. If this entry hasn't
been defined via the Insert/Caption/Label feature, it won't appear in the list.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)