Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge Toolbar is OFF

Do you mean the document created by executing a mail merge? If so that
behaviour is normal because it is not a mail merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RAJAGOPAL" wrote in message
This is about a word document already mail-merged. When the same document
was re-opened, the Mail Merge toolbar appeared INACTIVE and my efforts to
make it ACTIVE failed. Please help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Most of the functions on the toolbar will be inactive until you attach
the
data file to the merge document.

RAJAGOPAL wrote:
Mail Merge Toolbar is appearing INACTIVE on my desktop. Can anyone
help me how to make it ACTIVE.