Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jenny B.[_2_] Jenny B.[_2_] is offline

Default Unwanted blank page before Odd Page section break when duplex

Yes, I changed "Section start" to "Odd page" and tried again with no luck.

The page numbering starts over with each chapter.

I also looked through the Properties of the printer in Control Panel and
didn't see any settings that would insert a new page.

I have figured out a "fix" - I send the document to the pdf "printer" and
then print from the pdf document. It galls me to use such a backwards way to
make it work. I'd still like to figure out what's going on especially since
it used to work correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I appreciate the help.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you verified that the "Section start" in File | Page Setup, Layout tab,
is really "Odd page" for each section?

Is page numbering continuous throughout the document, or is it restarting
somewhere?

Also, have you looked at the printer settings in Control Panel?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jenny B." wrote in message
I had "Different odd and even" already selected. I added "Mirror margins"
but that didn't help. Any other suggestions? This is really frustrating.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Odd and even section breaks should work correctly, assuming that you
enable
"Different odd and even" and/or "Mirror margins" in Page Setup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP