Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Draw a Double Line in Word 2007?

Oh, that's good news, at least for those of us still running Word 2003 and
2007 side by side.

http://word.mvps.org

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Ms. Barnhill,

Actually the option is disabled for line segments drawn with Word2007.
The option is still available and enabled for line segments drawn with
Word2003.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Unfortunately, the Line Style option for drawing lines was removed
from Word 2007.

"Ryan" wrote in message
I've pulled my hair out many times trying to use this pos Office
2007. One
of the annoyances was trying to draw a double line.

I draw a line, right-click, select Format Autoshape, then try to
change the
Style to a double-line, but it's greyed out.

Any ideas?

And if you'll allow me to rant a little bit, I just want to use
Word... this
new interface is tedious and time consuming. I don't want to fart
around with a ribbon, just give me a menu bar.

Ryan

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows
the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a
worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." - TR