Robert M. Franz

Hi Top Spin

Top Spin wrote:
OK. That would require that each graphic be a separate file, right?
That is, I would have to create the graphics (in Visio, for example)
and then somehow get each one into a separate file.

I have hundreds of graphics. Many of them are very similar. It would
be so much easier to keep them all in one Visio file so I can edit
them all at once.

I don't know Visio at all. In PowerPoint, you have to possibility to
export (Save as) in the form of, i.e., WMF or EMF. This saves one
picture of each slide to a separate file. I've been using that a couple
of years ago and linked the resulting picture files to Word. Generation
of a new set of Pictures is a matter of two clicks.

What's puzzling is that the Paste Special | Paste Link seems to work
except that it ALSO includes the actual object in the Word document.
There must be some way to get just the link.

That's OLE for you! :-/

Greetings
Robert
--