Top Spin

On 14 Mar 2005 09:31:16 -0800, "jay" wrote:

OLE is what MS decided to call its technology (Object Linking and
Embedding) for doing this stuff.
I haven't had any luck linking to smaller objects than a whole file.
YMMV.
Welcome to DTP! any things are much more difficult than we would like
them to be.

If you have a huge number of graphics and a small amount of text, maybe
it should be published in a different manner.
Will it need to be updated frequently? regularly? seldom? never?
Does it require clever or fancy layout?
Could it be published as a photo album with captions on each pic?
Could it be published as a catalog, with the pics referenced by a
database ?

Just some thoughts...
Jay

I am open to suggestions for different publishing methods. Word is
what I know so I started with that.

I'd say the ratio of graphics to text something like a short paragraph
in between each graphic.

It will be updated frequently during the development, and then, I
hope, not much.

Layout is fairly un-clever.

Do you have another method in mind?

--