Frustrated

Sorry...Word 2000 for PCs

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Excel/Word?

Peter Jamieson

"Frustrated" wrote in message
I am trying to merge an excel file that has data imported from a text file.
I have included a column with a function to "substitute" a "d" in a
character
string to the "degree symbol." This works fine in excel, but when I merge
the field into my Word form, it loses the symbol! I entered the symbol in
the excel cell function using the character number "0176" as shown in
Word's
Latin-1 symbol set. I have tried to set the word merge field with format
"switches," etc., to no avail.

I am going MAD trying to figure out how to get the degree symbol to show
up
in my form! Can you help?!

Frustrated