Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sammsus Sammsus is offline

Default How do I remove automatically added blank pages?

MollyCruz,

I hope you found your answer before this, because I have been experiencing
the same exact problem and was pulling my hair out and had lost days against
my deadline for this document!

Turns out--and I didn't realize this because it said it was page 25 of 76
and then page 27 of 76 of the document (skipped) --that the section WAS
starting its page numbers over at 1 for each of the offending sections. So, I
went to the beginning of each section to Format Page Number and low and
behold, it was set to start at page 1---for about 1/2 of my sections!
Switching it to Continuous helped.

I found this because I customized the bottom status bar to show everything
and along with 25 of 76, it showed Page 1 Section 15 or Page 34 Section 14.

Before you say, "Oh, I set the whole document to Continuous numbering"...so
did I!!
In fact, I didn't have page numbering and I clicked on remove, etc. But this
is what fixed it and I had NO Odd/Even headers.

What was odd is that if I removed the cover page or one of my blank pages,
my problem went away--but that's not how I wanted it!! So I don't know what
the deal was.

I hope this helps you out!!

:-)
Sus

"MollyCruz" wrote:

On multiple occasions when working with word documents (usually large in
size) a "phantom" page appears in between sections. This page is only visible
in "Print Preview" and it appears when actually printed out, or if the
document is converted to a PDF.

I am well aware of the general rules of adding page breaks and section
breaks, etc. I have tried removing the section breaks around the €śphantom€ť
page. This just €śbumps€ť the €śphantom€ť page up to the next section break.

The only work-around I have found is to copy, section-by-section (without
the section breaks) the entire document into a blank word document and
reapply each section break, and reformat ALL of the headers and footers. This
is very cumbersome and I am hoping to learn of some obscure setting that I
may inadvertently be applying or not applying that will rid me of the
headache that is the €śphantom€ť page! Any advice is greatly appreciated!