Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Repost: Help with row shading / PDF output from mail merge (no attachment)

The chances are that your formatting problems have something to do with the
Monotype font you are using. Perhaps it doesn't happen on your system, but
when I open the document here, I see a message saying that the document
cannot be edited because it contains a read-only embedded font. Attempts to
print to the Adobe Acrobat printer here just result in (shaded!) garbage
characters in the .pdf.

Although I'm just guessing at this point, the thing is that Acrobat does
tend to want to use its own PostScript fonts and may be substituting a font
that does not have quite the same "metrics" as the Monotype one - maybe that
is the source of the problem.

(I can't actually change the document so I can't test anything, but if I
could, I'd change the font to something like Arial, re-Acrobat the output,
and see if that fixes the problem).

As for "how you applied the shading", the chances are that you used a "Table
Style", which you can probably modify by selecting the table and using
Table|Table Autoformat.

Peter Jamieson

"Lee Harris" wrote in message
Tim,

I still cannot access where this alternate row shading is coming from. Can
you take a look at the files here (link) and let me know how I can get rid
of the shading

http://www.bombersgolf.com/transfer/shadingprob.zip

cheers
Lee