Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Word 2007 Styles

IIRC, It may be that in 2007 the default setting is to save the style (or
changes to them) in the *current* document. The style travels with the doc,
but it doesn't gt saved to Normal.dot by default. Pay particular attention
to the dialog's bottom - I don't recall the exact wording & don't have a
system running '07 available at the moment, but I believe the choice is
displayed as option (radio) buttons. I'm sure that was done to prevent
inexperienced users from innundating Normal.dot with scads of "once-only"
styles & inadvertent changes to others.

If there's more to the issue please post back with more detail - any
feedback on '07 is quite usefull to all in the newsgroups.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Tengu" wrote in message
I've been redefining styles in Word 2007 but they never seem to take.
When I
restart the program it always goes back to the default style set and
selections. The new style I've created doesnt' even show up on the style
palette.

Can someone please tell me how to save my new styles in the normal
template
so they're available to all newly created documents? I find this function
much less intuitive than in previous versions of Word. I've never had
problems with managing styles before.
Elliot Berlin