Jay Freedman

JP wrote:
I have a scan document that I have saved over in Word, how would I go
about coverting that that document template, and as well a document
that can be in text formmat? I scanned the document but at the
moment it will not let me write to it.

Jpinkston

The result of the scan is just a picture of the printed document. You need
optical character recognition (OCR) software to "read" the characters and
produce an editable document. Probably some limited "lite" version of OCR
came with your scanner -- have a look at the instructions and/or CD. If not,
you'll have to buy some. Good choices include FineReader
(http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_ocr/) and OmniPage
(http://www.scansoft.com/omnipage/).

--
Regards,