Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default fitting contents into a table cell

Glad I could help. Sometimes a glance at the ruler will point that up, but
of course we're used to the ruler being so complicated in tables that we
often don't look.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert M Jones" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
This usually indicates that the paragraph in the cell has a negative
right indent.

You are bang on target! What a star! I would NEVER have found that out on
my own. Many many thanks. You just saved me hours of work.
I highlighted the table, then checked the menu for "format" - "paragraph"
and there is was - a negative right indent. Fixed that - problem solved.

--
Robert