Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default After mail merge Word document crashes

No, it was clear that you were using mail merge. But what I had intended
you to test was if the same problem occured if the users used the Envelopes
and Labels tool to create a new document from the Hisago GB861 template and
then tried to do something with that document.

At the point that you say the crash occurs, the mail merge process has
finished, though the table (labels are only tables with fixed cell
dimensions) in document created by executing the merge may be corrupt for
some reason.

How repeatable is the problem for the users who are experiencing the crash.
Is it every time, or intermittent?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Laura Battarbee" wrote in
message ...
The labels are created through mail merge, not the envelopes and labels
tool,
apologies I should have been clearer, below are the steps

1. Go to Tools Letters and Mailings Mail Merge
2. Select [Labels]
3. Click [Label options], select below, and click OK
Printer Information: Laser and ink jet
Tray: Manual Feed
Label products: Hisago
Product Number: GB861 - Address

4. Click [Browse], select Excel source file, and select a sheet
5. Click [More Items] and insert each field
6. Separate each field into different line, click [Update all labels]
7. Preview
8. Click [Edit individual labels], select All and click OK
9. New mail merge document is created. Perform final edit (new line
adjustment) and save this document.