Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Underline formatting not showing in Table of Contents

This may be a side-effect of suppressing the blue and underline formatting
of the Hyperlink style. Do you have the same issue if you delete the \h
switch from the TOC field? This would result in entries not being
hyperlinked, but page numbers still will be.

http://word.mvps.org

"Alexandra8011" wrote in message
I created a table of contents using heading styles, and I understand that
in
order for bold, italic, or underlining formatting to show up, I have to
directly format the text, which I did. However, the table of contents
still
does not show the underlined words. It will show bold and italic and if I
put
my cursor in the middle of the word that supposed to be underlined in the
TOC, the underline button is on, but no underline shows up, and no
underline
shows in print preview, or when I print. Any ideas? Thanks! ~Alex