Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] djprius@gmail.com is offline

Default Stacking docking windows

Ed,

I didn't realize you meant to distinguish between pane windows which
are fixed versus floating. I realize now you used "docked" in a very
precise way. The floating panes work fine for me, but I understand
why they don't work for you.

It would be nice to have a tool in the title bar of docked panes
that allows one to choose from available panes -- and to bring the
selected one to the front.

David

On Oct 2, 8:48 am, Ed Brey wrote:
For floating windows, I can resize and place them at will. However, for
docked windows, I am only able to change the horizontal size, and I can onlydockone window to the right edge of the main frame. Is your experience
differet?

Floating windows don't work well for me, since they don't move with the main
frame, e.g. when I move a Word window between monitors.