Daiya Mitchell

You need to separate the sections by using Insert *SECTION* Break, not just
a Page Break. Then you need to unlink the headers from each other so that
you can enter different things, although if each header, say, repeats the
chapter title, you can probably use a StyleRef field. Anyhow, full
instructions with screenshots and all he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm

And this page also has lots of valuable info:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

Don't know what dialog box you are remembering, that doesn't sound familiar.

On 3/7/05 8:46 PM, "*((({" wrote:

I've got a long document with 17 different sections. I have separated
the sections by using Insert Break Next Page. I want the header
of each section to be different. I seem to be able to get about 3
different headers. After that, I can't add any more headers.

I'm using Word 2000. I have a vague recollection of bringing up a
dialog box that allows the insertion of different multiple headers,
but can't figure out how to do it.

Help!

*(((({

--