Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Asinger Asinger is offline

Default Word forces Save As when Saving

I have had this happen quite a few times since using Word 2007 (Office 2007
suite) over the last 1+ years . At some point while working in a Word
document, I press Ctrl-S to save and instead of saving the doc as usually
happens, the Save As dialog comes up and I am forced to save the document
with another name. This is very, very frustrating and completely interrupts
my workflow because after saving with a new name, I have to close the
document, delete the original so I can rename the saved-as doc with the right
name.

This seems to happen when I've been working in the same document for an
extended period of time (e.g., about 2 hours this morning), which means that
I have saved it many times. I typically save each time I take a break from
typing.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

Thanks for all useful input.

Windows XP Pro SP 3
Word/Office 2007
Dell hardware