Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Inserting Table Caption

I would *strongly* discourage anyone who is even briefly considering the
possibility of nine heading levels in any document!

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne. That was exactly my suggestion to the engineers (who

wanted
to leave all 9 levels available to the main section). Now I have backup

say that even an expert suggested this was the way to go.

--
Debra Ann

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
I am inserting table numbers automatically with the Insert Caption -

Table.
I am having the chapter number included so my table numbering looks

like
Table 1-1 if in Section 1, Table 2-1 if in Section 2, etc.

My problem is I have creating another outline for Appendices and it is

not
recognizing that it is in Chapter Heading A. It thinks it is still in
Heading 8 from the last section of the main part of the report. Is

there
way of changing Table 8-1 to Table A-1 without typing it manually.

--
Debra Ann