Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Macro Security

Hi ?B?RGFu?=,

Yes, I had read this article previously but it is not exactly clear. So, even
though I answer YES to the SQL prompt the merge document will not connect to
its data source? In order to allow the doc to connect I need to edit the
registry as per the article regardless of the macro security level setting?

When you use VBA to open a mail merge document, it cuts off the data source
without prompting. You have basically two choices:

1. Use the OpenDataSource method in your VBA code in order to link the data
source in each time

2. Set the Registry key mentioned in the article so that the SQL prompt is
completely disabled on the machine

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org