Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Cant change footnote from indenting and extra spacing

In addition to what Stefan said, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm. But note
that the Footnote Text style is based on Normal. If you change the
formatting of Normal, it will affect almost every other style. This is why I
recommend leaving Normal alone and using Body Text for body text instead
(see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...odyStyles.htm).

http://word.mvps.org

"kaye123" wrote in message

My footnotes are indenting and I am getting 1.5 spacing. Tried to change
via "modify style" and used advanced tab and changed font and para but
it changed the whole document. Now I can't reset modify style because
the fields for "style type" and "style based on" fields are greyed out.
Possibly because I saved in style type although I can't see it.
When I reopen the document it hasn;t saved changes and font still the
same.
I am using citation software as well as manualy references.
Can anyone point me to a resource plese as possibly not searching for
right problem

--
kaye123