Steven Marzuola (remove wax and invalid for reply)

Max wrote:
"Steven Marzuola (remove wax and invalid" wrote:
Max wrote:
I want to place a title on the line preceding the table, but I want it to
stay and look "attached" to the table like a caption. The way it is, the
Title is on a separate line, and when I can't close up the space between the
title and the table. The title looks like it "belongs" to the preceding
paragraph, and not to the table that it is supposed to.

I'm a little surprised nobody else mentioned this, but ...

Have you tried formatting the title with the Format / Paragraph option,
"Keep with Next?" I use Word 2000 but that function is so useful I
can't imagine that it has been changed since then.

You would also want to make sure that the paragraph before the title
does not have this formatting.

Yes. It didn't change the look. Guess I'll just have to live with

it. I am
just fed up over what seems to be such a simple concept.

I guess I'm confused ... can you post a screenshot somewhere showing
what you mean?

What you want has to be possible, even though it can be frustrating.

From http://word.mvps.org:
"Word rarely misses an opportunity to perplex"

--
Steven